Wednesday, 09 January 2008

I found God in the rain today

Those who read my previous entry know that I have been trying to get up earlier in the mornings to pray before my day starts. (And failing miserably by the way! But I'm not giving up! If I keep thinking about it and seeing myself doing it, I'll get there.)

But I still pray on the way to work as much as I can. I have to admit though, sometimes it's hard to feel a connection to God while I am praying. Probably because I start out with my own agenda and don't take the time to just focus on God first. And let's face it, when you can't see the object of your affection, conversations can be difficult at times.

Well, it's been raining since early this morning. As I was driving to work I was just drinking in the beauty of the rain and the lush wet plants on the side of the road and thinking about God. I started feeling amazing feelings of beauty, and peace, and joy in God through His creation. *sigh* It was so lovely!

No comments: