Thursday, 23 July 2009

God loves YOU

GOD LOVES YOU.

You.

Yes...

You!

Jesus not only healed people of their physical diseases, but from the feeling of being outcasts, unloved, miserable sinners with no hope and no cure.

Below you'll read how Jesus healed a man with leprosy. A feared disease. And before He healed him he reached over in compassion and TOUCHED the man. Unheard of! And then there was the company Jesus kept... not exactly stellar upstanding members of society.

Mark 1:40-42
A man with leprosy came and knelt in front of Jesus, begging to be healed. “If you are willing, you can heal me and make me clean,” he said. Moved with compassion, Jesus reached out and touched him. “I am willing,” he said. “Be healed!” Instantly the leprosy disappeared, and the man was healed.

Mark 2:15
Later, Levi invited Jesus and his disciples to his home as dinner guests, along with many tax collectors and other disreputable sinners. (There were many people of this kind among Jesus’ followers.)


Lyrics by the band Leeland - Song: Carried to the Table

Wounded and forsaken
I was shattered by the fall
Broken and forgotten
Feeling lost and all alone
Summoned by the King
Into the Master’s courts
Lifted by the Savior
And cradled in His arms

I was carried to the table
Seated where I don’t belong
Carried to the table
Swept away by His love
And I don’t see my brokenness anymore
When I’m seated at the table of the Lord

I’m carried to the table
The table of the Lord


Fighting thoughts of fear
And wondering why He called my name
Am I good enough to share this cup
This world has left me lame
Even in my weakness
The Savior called my name
In His Holy presence
I’m healed and unashamed


You carried me, my God
You carried me


Live loved,
Karin
"For in him we live and move and exist."
-Acts 17:28 nlt

No comments: