Saturday, 11 July 2009

I've fallen for God

Today, can you say that you love the Lord "just because" you love Him? Do you love Him without an agenda, without fear, not because you're trying to get His approval, or trying to stay in His good books, and not because you have to or it's the "right" thing to do?

Do you love the Lord just like that? Unconditionally? That's the way He loves us! I know my Lord He loves me just like that [CeCe Winans | "Just Like That"]

Well I have a theory that many of us have to go through our doubts, have to desert the Lord (for a season), have to leave the Lord behind and try living life without Him, before we can really SEE Him for who He is. And therefore just simply love Him. Just because and for no other reason.

Have you really "fallen" for the Lord yet?
Have you just slipped into pure adoration for Him?
Or does your love still have "reasons"?

One of the beautiful images I have lately is of God as a pure warm pool of water that's always there. We just have to choose to become a part of it, to slip into this water (His love & His presence) like you slip into a heated swimming pool. To just melt into His embrace.

Read how beautifully the band Leeland sings it...
A childlike love I had when we first began...We ran and I fell behind...
I’ve been stuck here all this time. You waited like a lover who couldn’t let go of his bride.
I turned my back away from You, didn't shed a tear or cry.

And I’m falling for You now. I’m coming back to the place where we parted
It’s for real this time. So I’ll be here waiting where we started.
My feet were bruised. I tried but I couldn’t fill Your shoes.
I went my way. I bought the lie that I was all grown up.
Didn’t need You in my life.
The winter left me cold and frozen. Looking for the truth, but searching for the sun.
I found the place where I met You

It feels so good to be in Your arms
You never left me, I just chose to stay behind
I want to thank You for Your love that gives me freedom,
to run back, to come back

And I’m falling for You now. I’m coming back to the place where we parted
It’s for real this time. So I’ll be here waiting where we started.

[Artist: Leeland | Song: Falling For You]

No comments: