Thursday, 27 December 2007

May I never forget…

It’s that time of year again. Time for New Year’s resolutions.
Personally, I don’t believe in New Year’s resolutions. They are generally just wishes and usually come to nothing.

I’m setting goals (visions) of how I would like my life to look like in the year (and years) to come. I’ve found that to be much more motivating.

Anyway, I was thinking about what my financial dreams are. Look, we all want to never worry about money again, right? And I thought about how we seem to forget about the Lord a little when things are going well.

Let’s be honest, we certainly don’t seek Him with as much fervour as when we really, really, really need His help. And I was wondering to myself, if I became financially prosperous, would I stay grateful to God?

What I mean is, would I remember to count my blessings and really feel grateful for them? That’s food for thought! Well, for my mind anyway. ;-)

Am I really feeling gratitude and expressing it to God right now, in the circumstances I currently find myself? It’s a good place to start practising!

Let all that I am praise the Lord;
with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.
Let all that I am praise the Lord;
may I never forget the good things he does for me.
Psalm 103: 1-2 -(New Living Translation)

No comments: