Friday, 11 December 2009

His light shines


2 Corinthians 4:5-7 (Nlt)
You see, we don’t go around preaching about ourselves. We preach that Jesus Christ is Lord, and we ourselves are your servants for Jesus’ sake. For God, who said, “Let there be light in the darkness,” has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ.
We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure.This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.
A company driver handed me a pamphlet this morning saying God had laid me strongly on his heart the last time he was at our office.  This pamphlet is for ONE IN CHRIST ministries and they do discipleship training one evening per week.

Then the next applicant, a Zimbabwean, right after the driver had left (and the above driver spoke Afrikaans so this Zimbabwean gentlemen wouldn't have understood what was said) says: "There is something very different about you.  Are you a Christian?" So I say yes, then he just says, "God bless you and your family".

Some days I don't think I'm a good witness for Christ but I'm glad His light still shines. 


1 comment:

Ruth said...

I still think even though you might not talk about your faith and being a Christian every day, I think you living with Christ does reflect in your every day life- how you treat people maybe or that you can be more friendly, more open, more relaxed than others- and that is what people realize about you. So I do think it is a form of being a witness and making His light shine around you.