Thursday, 16 October 2008

Obedience to God

Today I sure read a lot of verses about obedience. Now that may have been because I was reading in Deuteronomy ! ...but I think with our emphasis on God's grace through Jesus, we just never think about obedience.

But Jesus said:
“All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them.
John 14:23
And He wasn't just all talk either...
Even though Jesus was God’s Son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered.
Hebrews 5:8
Obedience: Let's meditate on this topic together.
“What is more pleasing to the Lord:
your burnt offerings and sacrifices
or your obedience to his voice?
Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice,
and submission is better than offering the fat of rams.
1 Samuel 15:22

*All scripture references are from the New Living Translation

No comments: