Tuesday, 10 July 2007

Money money money

Money, money, money.

We all have a love/hate relationship with it. We need it, but we feel we don't have enough of it. We want it, but we feel being rich is wrong or that rich people are snobs or that we don't deserve to be rich.

Money is money. Neither good nor bad. But the love of money... now that leads to all kinds of sin.

For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows.
1 Timothy 6:10

No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.
Matthew 6:24

Those who love money will never have enough. How meaningless to think that wealth brings true happiness!
Ecclesiastes 5:10

This morning, I was praising God for all the needs I have for this month and asking Him to provide, but I was not bargaining my praise for His provision.

Great was my surprise when I got to work and received some back pay today that I was only expecting to receive at the end of the month. It's not a huge amount, but it sure helps!!

Praising God for bad situations doesn't work? I say it does. What about you?

No comments: