Tuesday, 16 February 2010

Finding meaning in your life

We generally all want to believe that God created us for a specific reason or purpose, and that we have some mission to fulfill for Him.


Last night I was pondering the fact that it really may not be any kind of  "official" mission (like preacher, prophet, singer, etc.), but just simply living your life where you are and serving God and others with it. Still, a part of me feels there must be some specific mission we all need to fulfill in our lives.


While following up some verses on "grace" in my Bible study, my eyes lighted on Acts 20:24, "But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned to me by the Lord Jesus- the work of telling others the good news about the wonderful grace of God."


Our lives really does not feel like there is any lasting meaning / purpose to it unless we serve others in a way shown to us by Jesus, for Jesus.


With that in mind, let's give of ourselves to serve others in some way, and ask God to make it clear how He would use us individually.


2 Corinthians 9:12-13
..this ministry of giving...as a result of your ministry they will give glory to God.


Acts 20:35
It's more blessed to give than to receive.

No comments: