Thursday, 07 August 2008

It’s all His

This morning I felt compelled to read Psalm 50 again. You know, the one with that famous line “I own the cattle on a thousand hills”…

Then I started thinking about how EVERYTHING in this world belongs to God. While we all say we believe this, do we really?

I mean, we love talking about my house, my car, my wife. Mine, mine, mine.

What must it look like to God when we talk about something that is His as “ours”?

But you know, He does bless us with things He created. He is a loving, kind and generous Father.

Maybe we should just realise more often where all we have came from?

But I do not need the bulls from your barns or the goats from your pens.
For all the animals of the forest are mine, and I own the cattle on a thousand hills.
I know every bird on the mountains, and all the animals of the field are mine.
If I were hungry, I would not tell you, for all the world is mine and everything in it.

Psalm 50-9-12 (NLT)

No comments: